How to do it
- Sit down on a bench, hands next to your thighs. (You can also perform a bench dip off a stair or other elevated surface; the same steps apply.)
- Walk your feet out and extend your legs, lifting your bottom off the bench and holding there with extended arms.
- Hinging at the elbow, lower your body down as far as you can go, or until your arms form a 90-degree angle.
- Push up through your palms back to start.
Seated Hammer Curl;
- Sit on the end of the bench with your feet out in front of you and your knees together.
- Pick the dumbbells up off the floor and let them hang by your sides with your palms facing your body (neutral grip).
- Bend the arms slightly to take up the tension into the biceps. This is the starting position for the exercise.
- Keeping your back straight and your elbows tucked in at your sides, slowly curl up the dumbbells up as far as possible.
- Squeeze the biceps hard, and then slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired reps.